lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Styles of Listening

I consider myself Action-Centered listening style. I get anxious if someone is telling me something and there are going back and forth without finishing the issue. Also, I like concise messages, that means not to give all the details of the story if they are not important. Also, I prefer highly-organized messages, from the very beginning to the end or from the end to the beginning, either of them and depending on the situation.

I think I learn this method of communication from teachers, because you can see how the best teachers are really organized talking and they don´t make stories really long. And also, that is a capacity that you are getting when you are growing up. When I was a kid, I used to tell my mom all the long conversation with my friends to explain some concrete thing, and now, it is different. I just explain the facts, without being explaining all the way long until the end.

Although I do not use the same listening style with everyone, and in all situations. For example, when I talk to my grandma, I use the people-centered style. This is because she gives me all kind of details about the situation and also, she starts in the middle of the story and goes jumping into another situations without telling you, so it´s really easy to get lost in her conversation. So, I try to focus on her, try to provide her a great feedback and know how is her mood that day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario